“How can I make sure I have the right organization to grow the business over the next 5-10 years?”
If work is poorly grouped and layered in an organization, too much energy gets used up in managing boundaries and relationships and there is insufficient focus on the work that needs to get done.
We work with you and appropriate team members to develop and implement a structure that will achieve your plan-one that is built according to accountability-based management principles.
COREinternational’s organization design process
We begin by ensuring we have a good understanding of the presenting issue and success criteria. We then tailor our approach to get the desired results in a way that best suits customer needs and resources. Typically we do the following :
- Work with senior management to define or confirm organization direction and strategy.
- Partner with internal resources to ensure transfer of learning.
- Interview key roleholders to establish the perceived and actual role responsibilities and working relationships.
- Produce a diagram of current roles and management layers.
- Provide education on necessary concepts and principles.
- Write a report outlining the key issues and describing options for realignment.
- Work with the top team to
- develop a clear, unambiguous structure for the top three levels.
- develop role descriptions for the top team.
- ensure understanding of roles and accountabilities.
- clarify decision-making authorities.
At this point we will contract to begin the implementation process.