With the top team clear on their work and accountabilities, we then work with internal partners or your company’s project team to implement the new structure and management practices level by level throughout the company.
This involves a cascading process of
- clarifying the structure required to get the work done.
- developing role descriptions, including performance indicators and authorities.
- ensuring accountabilities are linked to the company’s strategic plan, goals, and objectives.
- clarifying and agreeing on cross-boundary relationships.
- putting the right people in the roles.
- educating managers about the concepts and principles of accountability-based management.
- training managers on managerial practices such as capability assessment, setting context, delegating work, and personal effectiveness feedback.
If needed, we can also assist with developing and launching a balanced scorecard for performance management.
We promise knowledge transfer to ensure the new way of operating “sticks”.